At Ashmole Primary, we know that regular attendance and a punctual start to the day, gives the pupils all the learning opportunities and experiences required to achieve.
We expect 100% attendance from all of our pupils, so that they can experience all that is on offer in school. Our attendance target for 2012-2013 is 96.8%. That is equivalent to 4 whole days or 8 sessions absent, therefore loss of learning.
Aims and objectives
- To promote positive attendance.
- To ensure that all pupils receive their educational entitlement of a broad and balanced full time education.
- To set out whether an absence is authorised or unauthorised.
- To define the term Persistent absenteeism.
- To highlight the role and responsibilities of the parent/carer and the school.
- To explain when the Education Welfare Officer (EWO) becomes involved.
- To promote positive punctuality.
- To outline the reward systems.
To achieve this, we recognise that the school, Parents/Carers and the children need to work together, in partnership so that the child reaches their full potential and has accessed all that is on offer.